Who are you?
We are Psychotherapy.net and we have been leaders in the field of video training for couselors, psychotherapists and mental health professionals for more than 20 years. Our new online course platform, Psychotherapy.net Academy, leverages our experience to offer the best online courses for mental health professionals. An easy step-by-step format allows you to study at your own pace in manageable chunks of time. Plus, we include CEs with the course.
Psychotherapy.net was founded by psychologist Victor Yalom, and he continues to run day to day operations along with his wife, Marie-Helene Yalom.
What distinguishes your courses from other courses?
Our primary objective is to help you learn skills that you can apply effectively and immediately in your own practice. We break down the various techniques and strategies and take you step by step through their specifics, enabling you to practice them in your own time. Our courses are not dry lectures that you will soon forget, but use clinical demonstrations with explanations and commentary that let you see how the techniques are used in a real environment. We also provide you with a variety or practice exercises to strengthen your understanding of the skills.
I only see a few courses now, will you be adding more?
Yes, several additional courses are planned in the near future. However, we also have videos on many therapeutic modalities. We suggest you visit Psychotherapy.net to see our full collection of more than 300 videos, most of them clinical demonstrations or full length sessions with in-depth commentary and explanations.
How long can I access the course material?
The course material is available to you indefinitely; you can return to access it over and over. You may also take your CE test, and download your CE certificate anytime.
Can I share my login with a colleague
No. When you purchase the course, you purchase access for one person only. You are provided with a personal account, which gives you access to your own CE tests and provides you with CE Certificates under your name. You can also keep track of your progress on the course. We reserve the rigth to revoke access without refund if we suspect that you have shared your login information with someone else.
Can we pay for courses with PO or checks?
We prefer you pay by credit card, but if it is not possible for your organization, we accept PO for orders above $500. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use a Purchase Order.
What is your refund policy?
We offer 100% refund within 7 days of purchase, provided you have not watched more than 25% of the course and have not passed any CE test. We are confident that our courses are of the highest quality and that you will be more than satisfied.
What boards are your CEs approved for?
- Psychologists: American Psychological Association (APA). See the APA Survey for state-specific requirements for Continuing Education for Psychologists.
- Professional Counselors: Psychotherapy.net is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. Provider # 6239
- Social Workers: Psychotherapy.net is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education Program (ACE). Psychotherapy.net maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine test approval. Provider # 1119
- New York Social Workers: Psychotherapy.net, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0423.
- Addiction Counselors: Psychotherapy.net is approved to offer Continuing Education credits by the Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC). Provider # 550.
- California LCSWs and MFTs: California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider # 3479.
- California Nurses: California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # 14659.
- Texas LPCs: State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors. Provider # 159.
- Texas MFTs: State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists. Provider # 159.
- Canadian Counsellors: Psychotherapy.net is approved by the Canadian Counselling Association to provide continuing education credit for video courses only.
How do I get added to your mailing list?
You can sign you for our newsletter at the bottom of this page. We are respectful of your mailbox and keep our emails to a minimum. Our monthly newsletter includes articles and interviews for mental health professionals, announcements of new videos, and promotions for our readers.
For any other questions, please email us at email@example.com.