8+ hours of clinical sessions and detailed commentary by OCD expert Reid Wilson
Get lifetime access today— start anytime, study at your own pace
With This Course You'll Learn...
- Why working above the content creates the shift in mindset your clients need
- How to diagnose OCD and recognize the differences between compulsions and harmless checking or cleaning
- Why reassurance and self-soothing don't work and what clients should do instead
- Simple cognitive behavioral interventions to treat washers and cleaners, checkers, repeaters, hoarders, orderers, cognitive-ritualizers and more
- Progressive exposure exercises for tolerating increasing amounts of distress
- How to identify existing strengths clients can enlist in their battle with OCD
- Self-Help skills your clients can use to break their disruptive rituals and patterns
- How to create opportunities to collaborate and intervene when working with ambivalence
Get Lifetime Access Today. Start Anytime. Study at Your Own Pace.
Mental Health Awareness Sale Extended Through May 30th — Only $116.35 (regularly $179)
8.25 CE Credits includedCLAIM THIS OFFER NOW
Clinical sessions, discussions and behind-the-scenes commentary by OCD expert Reid Wilson guide you through the application of his paradoxical approach.
Anywhere, Anytime Access
Get instant lifetime access to all course materials so you can start anytime. Learn at your own pace, whenever it fits your schedule. Take CE tests anytime.
Engaging the Ambivalent OCD Client
The ambivalent OCD client poses a unique challenge for clinicians. Kathleen's “washer” and “checker” compulsions are consuming her life yet she firmly believes in the validity of her fears. In two sessions with Kathleen, OCD expert Reid Wilson demonstrates how to plant the seeds of interventions that grow into a desire to change. Wilson demonstrates clear protocols for exposure experiments and other cognitive interventions to alleviate, rather than validate, the need for reassurance.
His counterintuitive approach to confronting Kathleen's safety-seeking behaviors encourages her to stay committed and gives her the courage to do the hard work that is necessary.
Treating the Severe OCD Client
Severe OCD can seem hopelessly intractable, especially when a client has invested significant time in past therapy. Months of previous exposure-based therapy hasn’t given Bob much relief; he comes to Wilson claiming now his OCD is worse than ever. Consumed with “repeater” behavior that detracts from his life goals, Bob lacks tools to manage his anxiety, and lacks hope for change.
In just two sessions, Wilson leverages Bob’s fighting spirit to support him in moving toward the anxiety that drives his compulsive cognitive-ritualizing behaviors, helping him more fully engage with his discomfort and fundamentally change his circumstances.
Cognitive Therapy for Obsessions
When clients struggle with obsessional thinking patterns, many therapists aren't sure how to help their clients free themselves from the torture of fearful thoughts. Rita is plagued with anxiety about her health. Trying to avoid anything that triggers her fears, Rita is missing out on living the active lifestyle she longs to live.
Wilson encourages Rita to rise above the content of her obsessive thoughts and practice moving towards that which she fears, supporting her in learning to tolerate uncertainty. Calling on her courage, he helps her to dramatically alter her relationship to the anxiety.
What You Get in This Course
- Over 8 hours of videos featuring OCD expert Reid Wilson conducting clinical sessions
- Behind-the-scenes commentary to clearly explain the hows and whys of these cognitive behavioral interventions
- Supplemental skill building activities to practice the core skills demonstrated in the videos
- Written transcripts of all videos
- Lifetime access to all course materials
- Earn up to 8.25 CE Credits, included in the course. Click here for our complete list of CE Approvals
Give Your OCD Clients the Courage and Self-Help Skills Needed to Get Their Lives Back
Mental Health Awareness Sale Now Through May 30th Only $116.35 (Regularly $179)
Don't miss this online course with 8+ hours of video featuring OCD expert Reid Wilson, 8.25 CE credits & more!ACCESS COURSE NOW
The Psychotherapy.net Commitment to Quality Training
- Register now for instant access. You'll receive a confirmation email with log-in information. You can get started right away!
- Lifetime access to course material. Your access never expires.
- Getting CE Credits is easy! Take your CE Tests online, and print your CE Certificates once you passed.
- Discounts available for organizations with multiple users. Email [email protected] for more information.
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee. For 20 years, we have been the leader in quality video training in our field, and are committed to ensuring that our customers are fully satisfied.