When clients are overwhelmed by crisis, you need confidence. You need a plan. You need this course.
How can you provide immediate relief to someone devastated by what can seem like insurmountable odds? This online course provides a blueprint counselors can use to confidently intervene, stabilize and support clients in the wake of crises.
An Online Course in Crisis Counseling From the Leader in Mental Healthcare Training
Crisis Counseling: 7 Steps to Effective Intervention — Regularly $59, Now Only $38.35 — 2 CE credits included! Learn how to provide meaningful support to any client in any crisis situation.GET INSTANT ACCESS TODAY
Special offer expires May 30, 2023. For individual users only. Discounts available for multiple users. Contact [email protected] or call 1-800-577-4762.
With This Course You'll Learn To...
- Use seven flexible steps that you can integrate with your own approach to intervene confidently and creatively
- Support clients in crisis with the empathy they need and the direction the circumstances demand
- Use immediacy, client metaphors, self-disclosure and other techniques to build a strong therapeutic alliance
- Collaborate with clients to develop a plan for immediate relief that draws on existing strengths and resources
- Mitigate your own anxiety and intervene confidently, regardless of the devastation crises can bring
7 Steps = Meaningful Support
Learn seven flexible steps to quickly build rapport, stabilize your clients, and collaborate on a plan to bring immediate relief even in seemingly hopeless scenarios.
Anywhere, Anytime Access
Get instant lifetime access to all course materials so you can start anytime and learn at your own pace, whenever it fits your schedule. Revisit it anytime you want a refresher.
What You Get in This Course
- 2 hours of videos featuring Crisis Counseling expert Derrick Paladino conducting a powerful remote session
- Thorough behind-the-scenes commentary to provide insight into Paladino's therapeutic interventions
- Detailed step-by-step guidance on how to apply a model of crisis intervention proven to be effective
- Supplemental skill-building activities to help you master the core skills demonstrated in the videos
- Lifetime access to all course materials
- Earn up to 2 CE Credits, included in the course. Click here for our complete list of CE Approvals
Take a Look Inside Our Online Course, Crisis Counseling: 7 Steps to Effective Intervention
Psychotherapy.net founder Victor Yalom and crisis counseling expert Derrick Paladino discuss the nature of crisis counseling, how it differs from traditional counseling and why mental healthcare providers need a special set of tools when working with clients facing the acute trauma of a crisis. Paladino provides an overview of the Hybrid Model of Crisis Intervention and explains how the model's seven tasks provide therapists and counselors with a foundation for providing meaningful support in the time-limited setting of a crisis counseling session.
Jay, Session One
In this online crisis counseling session recorded early in the Covid-19 pandemic, you'll see Paladino work with Jay who, after a debilitating bout of pneumonia and medical emergencies, now experiences panic attacks and extreme anxiety. Paladino skillfully demonstrates the Hybrid Model to help Jay develop coping mechanisms that he can start using immediately. Throughout the session Paladino clearly explains his interventions. The post-session discussion with Yalom offers insights on how you can use the model to effectively support clients in a broad range of crisis settings.
A week after the initial session, Paladino meets with Jay for a follow-up session to review progress and plan. Paladino explains the techniques he uses to bring Jay into the here-and-now so that together they can explore Jay's remarkable progress and develop a plan for long-term relief. After the session, Yalom and Paladino discuss how to balance being empathic and directive, and share tips on what therapists and counselors can do to mitigate their own anxiety when going into crisis counseling sessions.
A Blueprint You Can Use to Confidently and Compassionately Support Clients in Times of Crisis
Regularly $59 —Now For a Limited Time Only $38.35— Includes 2 CE Credits
Don't miss this special Mental Health Awareness Month savings!GET INSTANT ACCESS TODAY
Who is Psychotherapy.net?
How long can I access the course material?
Can I share this course with my colleagues?
Is Psychotherapy.net an Accredited CE Provider?
The Psychotherapy.net Commitment to Quality Training
- Register now for instant access. You'll receive a confirmation email with log-in information. You can get started right away!
- Lifetime access to course material. Your access never expires.
- Getting CE Credits is easy! Take your CE Tests online, and print your CE Certificates once you passed.
- Discounts available for organizations with multiple users. Email [email protected] for more information.
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee. For 20 years, we have been the leader in quality video training in our field, and are committed to ensuring that our customers are fully satisfied.